One of the reasons glass enclosures and fixtures are so popular, is because of the elegance they lend to a home. However, dirty glass is immediately noticeable because of its transparent properties. Glass needs to always be kept sparkling clean to avoid making a bad impression on your guests.
Calling a professional cleaner can be expensive. Thankfully, there are DIY options!
Cleaning Glass Fixtures
Cleaning your glass fixtures is relatively easy. Just follow the following steps and they will be sparkling like new in no time.
- Wipe away accumulated dirt and grit from the glass using a microfiber cloth.
- Buy specific cleaning solutions that are appropriate for the type of shielding layer on the glass panels.
- If commercial cleaner solutions are too expensive, you can make your own.
- Use the solution on the glass.
- Finally, remove any remaining solution with a squeegee. Just in case you are unfamiliar with the name, a squeegee is a wiping tool with a handle and a flat surface.
Cleaning Glass Shower Enclosures
Most glass shower doors and other entrances, have a guarding coat applied on the glass panels when it’s manufactured. This coating is meant to prevent water damage and scum. With time and use however, some oil, soap, body lotions or moisture may become stuck on the panels. This will then accumulate, worsening the problem.
Like with the previous section, there’s a DIY option to cleaning these dirty glass shower enclosures.
- To make an effective home-made cleaning solution, do the following: mix a tablespoon of dish washing liquid, half-a-cup of rubbing alcohol, and half-a-cup of hydrogen peroxide into a spray bottle. Add water, and shake the spray bottle so it mixes well.
- Use your home-cleaning solution on the glass, and start scrubbing off the dirt with a microfiber cloth.
- Stubborn stains need to be rubbed with baking soda. Add water to baking soda and lather until it’s a thick paste. Use a sponge and buff the stained areas with the homemade cleaning solution.
- Once you’re done rinsing, use a dry cloth to remove residue.
Cleaning and maintaining your glass fixtures doesn’t have to be hard, or take up a lot of your time. It’s simple, you just need to be regular with it. That way, your glass enclosures and fixtures are always sparkling.