Glass shower doors add enormous aesthetic appeal to bathrooms, giving it a luxurious and stylish look. Glass doors with frames and without frames or frameless ones is a basic classification of this bathroom enclosure. Here we talk of frameless shower doors and its pros and cons.
- The first advantage of installing frameless shower doors is the undeniable style and fashion quotient attached to it. They look extremely chic and give a new look and feel to the space. They look very sophisticated and complement every kind of existing appearance of bathrooms.
- Next is that they can be opened inward or outward depending on the way they are installed and its design. They usually open outwards but you can have it the other way around if you desire so.
- Since these structures do not have a metal reinforcement or support, they are made of thick durable tempered glass. This makes it resistant to breakages, cracks, scratches, etc. This makes frameless glass shower doors very durable in nature and higher in quality as compared to its other counterparts.
- Frameless shower doors lend a feel of spaciousness to a bathroom. They are ideal if bathrooms are small as they instantly give a roomy impression allowing ample natural light and ventilation to circulate freely.
- Such glass showers are easier to clean and are more hygienic. Since they are usually installed in one piece, the chances of accumulation of mold or mildew is very less. Also it is easier to clean a smooth continuous surface as compared to one with breaks, nooks and crevices.
- These are completely customizable and can be designed, constructed and installed to fit every size of bathroom.
- Installing such glass shower doors increases the value of a home or property and is sure to fetch you higher prices than usual.
- Frameless glass shower doors are very expensive. The kind of glass used to make these increases the cost considerably, making it a costly option. However, home owners can treat this as a wise investment as it will add to the property value and get higher prices if sold.
- These glass shower doors require expert and professional installations as it is a complex process. If these are not installed properly, they become prone to damage and breakage. Also in case of any damage, the entire unit has to be replaced because there are no bits and parts in it.
- Despite best of installations, there is always a possibility of a small gap between the bottom of the door and the top of the floor, allowing water to pass through these gaps when the shower is in use.