Outdoor or indoor railings are common in most houses. Wherever they are installed, they serve the same purpose – of offering support to individuals using the stairs. However, outdoor railings are more exposed to harsh external conditions as compared to indoor ones. Railings are made of many materials and you ought to choose the material based on several considerations. Some commonly used materials for railings include, wood, metal, wrought iron, stainless steel, stone, marble, glass, granite, aluminum, vinyl, fiberglass, etc. creating multiple options each with their respective advantage and disadvantage.
Each type of railing offers a unique look that can be attributed to the basic texture and composition. Of all these materials quite popular and are a preferred choice for many home owners owing to some of the distinct advantages that glass stair railings have over their counterparts. Read on to know what these benefits are:
- Unobstructed view: Whether installed indoors or outdoors, glass stair railings offer an unobstructed view of the surroundings. Since glass is clear, it imparts an open, free and spacious feel to the area. This is an ideal choice for homes that have an open concept or prefer spaciousness. This quality also makes it a good option for smaller homes, making them appear larger.
- Protection: If these glass stair railings are installed outdoors, they act as a barrier from external elements like strong winds, harsh rain and snowfall making the area safe for use allowing you to enjoy the outdoors at the same time.
- Durable: Interior glass railings are very durable since they are made of toughened tempered glass to withstand damage of all kinds. Even if there is a breakage, such glass will break into smithereens instead of hard pointed bits of glass.
- Customizable: Glass is customizable in nature and so are glass railings. You can choose different tints like black, bronze, brown, grey, etc. Going for these options will give you some amount of privacy offering partial and unclear view through the tints yet impart a spacious look. Choosing this kind of glass is also a good idea if you wish to match the railings to the rest of the décor of your home. Along with the glass, you can also choose from various designs for the interior glass railings to match your sense of aesthetics.
- Privacy: If you are looking for more privacy in your glass railings you can opt for opaque glass versions like frosted ones or sandblast glass pieces to create designs to as per your requirement.